To become a licensed Vocational Nurse, you will take courses such as health science, general nursing, maternal newborn nursing and pharmacology. At Vista College, our LVN (Licensed Vocational Nurse) training will prepare you for a career in a rapidly growing industry and provide you with the education and skills needed to pass the National Council Licensure Examination for Vocational/Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN).
These courses prepare you to take the NCLEX-PN, and after passing, you could obtain Vocational Nurse work in a number of settings such as:
- Nursing and residential continuing care facilities
- Local, state, and private hospitals
- Physicians’ offices
- Government-run agencies
- Home healthcare providers
Our Vocational Nurse classes will provide instruction on how to:
- Provide the right level of care for specific types of patients
- Preform wound assessments and follow-up wound care
- Safely and securely prevent injuries
- Responsibly work with other healthcare professionals, such as dietitians, nursing assistants, respiratory therapists, and physical therapists
- Safely administer medication
- Evaluate clients with various medical diagnoses
Click to visit our Practical Nurse Diploma program.
Vocational Nurse Diploma
Interested in an online program?
Take most classes whenever you would like, always staying in touch with our knowledgeable, friendly instructors.