Healthcare needs are rising across the board, especially for the elderly. Medical assistant job openings are widespread for those who have obtained the proper education. With a Medical Assisting Associate of Applied Science degree, you take advantage of in-demand opportunities in the medical assisting field.
Medical assistants provide exceptional service to patients, and support for their colleagues. A career in this field requires a significant degree of discipline and an understanding of procedures such as giving injections, measuring vital signs, assisting physicians, and more.
What Can You Do With A Medical Assistant Degree?
Graduates of our Medical Assistant’s Degree program are working in a challenging career field in physicians’ offices, hospitals, outpatient health centers and more.
Day-to-day, they are responsible for:
- Keeping patients’ medical records up-to-date and filed properly
- Working in a specialized clinical area under the supervision of a medical professional
- Assisting patients with insurance forms
- Arranging for hospital admissions and laboratory services
- Greeting patients and putting them at ease
- Scheduling appointments
- Handling billing and bookkeeping
As you can imagine, Medical Assistants play a crucial role in the office of just about every doctor, podiatrist, chiropractor and other healthcare practitioners in the country.
At Vista College, our goal is to provide our students with the knowledge, experience and confidence to launch their career as a medical assistant. We do this by providing a variety of educational opportunities for our students such as hands-on training, laboratory experience, lectures and so much more.
Our medical assistant classes provides comprehensive education and training on medical terminology, pharmacology, human anatomy, medical billing and coding, and more. Some graduates have the opportunity to work as an extern, which allows them apply their knowledge, gain experience and network with potential employers.
What Can You Learn During Our Medical Assistant AAS Program?
In our Medical Assisting associate degree program, you can expect to learn how to:
- Give injections accurately
- Prepare fluids for future tests
- Input and maintain accurate patient medical records
- Provide the necessary, expected degree of assistance to registered nurses and physicians
- Properly measure patient vitals
Our Medical Assistant Associate of Applied Science Degree program will give you tools you need to succeed through classroom and lab work in topics such as:
- Medical Terminology
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Administrative Procedures
- Medical Coding and Billing training
- Clinical Procedures
- Laboratory Skills and Clinical Procedures
- Medical Office Management
Medical Assisting Associate of Applied Science
Interested in an online program?
Take most classes whenever you would like, always staying in touch with our knowledgeable, friendly instructors.