Vista College’s Medical Administrative Assistant Diploma program provides a wide-ranging curriculum that covers both the technical and personal aspects of being a medical administrative assistant. Our evidence-based program prepares students to handle the many rewarding tasks of a professional in the healthcare field.
Graduates who successfully complete the program will earn a diploma and be prepared to take the CMAA national certification exam. Ultimately, graduates can choose to seek an entry level career in a variety of healthcare settings.
Throughout our online program, you can gain the education and skills required to:
- Practice professional interpersonal relations with diverse patients and customers
- Process and understand various medical insurance billing and coding forms
- Learn a basic overview of anatomy and physiology
- Create and schedule appointments using a practice management program
- Discover how healthcare has evolved in the US through examining systems and theory
The medical administrative assistant field is an ever-changing one. Our online diploma program offers students a chance to learn at their own pace and with a flexible schedule. This program can be completed in as little as 15 months* and is fully available online.
Upon completion of our medical administrative assistant program, graduates can take the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) national certification exam.
*Based on successful, full-time enrollment