Medical administrative assistants are a crucial component in the healthcare field. They handle a wide variety of important tasks including processing insurance payments, transferring lab results and scheduling appointments. For those interested in working in healthcare and learning about the medical front office, a career in medical administration can be a great fit.
Graduates of our evidence-based online diploma program can seek employment in a number of areas, including:
- Health systems
- Research facilities
- Insurance companies
The medical administrative assistant field is an ever-changing one. Our online diploma program offers students a chance to learn at their own pace and with a flexible schedule. This program can be completed in as little as 15 months* and is fully available online.
Upon completion of our medical administrative assistant program, graduates can take the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) national certification exam.
* Based on successful, full-time enrollment
Vista College’s Medical Administrative Assistant Diploma program provides a wide-ranging curriculum that covers both the technical and personal aspects of being a medical administrative assistant. Our evidence-based program prepares students to handle the many rewarding tasks of a professional in the healthcare field.
Graduates who successfully complete the program will earn a diploma and be prepared to take the CMAA national certification exam. Ultimately, graduates can choose to seek an entry level career in a variety of healthcare settings.
Throughout our online program, you can gain the education and skills required to:
- Practice professional interpersonal relations with diverse patients and customers
- Process and understand various medical insurance billing and coding forms
- Learn a basic overview of anatomy and physiology
- Create and schedule appointments using a practice management program
- Discover how healthcare has evolved in the US through examining systems and theory