Vista College Online Campus is not accepting enrollments in the Project Management Bachelor of Science program at this time.
Please visit our Business Administration Bachelor of Science program.
Project management is an increasingly specialized, in-demand competency. It is different from other types of management in that it involves overseeing a project with a fixed objective and finite timeframe. Meeting these goals is a critical priority — doing so effectively requires a combination of technical, interpersonal, and business skills.
Vista College offers an online Bachelor of Science Degree in Project Management for anyone interested in a career in this exciting field.
Vista College’s Project Management Degree Program
Our Bachelor of Science in Project Management program aims to develop well-rounded professionals capable of meeting the challenges of a changing workforce. The program is delivered entirely online and can be completed in 200 weeks.* It consists of 1,950 total clock hours of training in both specific topics like budgeting and procurement, as well as general knowledge courses such as English composition, U.S. history, and communications.
Graduates of the online Project Management BS program possess the training and qualifications necessary to compete for entry-level project management jobs in IT, manufacturing, construction, and other fields.
*Successful, Full-time enrollment is required to achieve stated completion dates.
Project management is a broad term — a manager’s role can vary according to the scope of the project and the nature of the organization. Effective project managers will possess a set of transferable skills that includes attention to detail, problem-solving, and an ability to see the big picture to ensure a project stays on track. Depending on the nature of the project, a thorough understanding of accounting and budgeting, quality assurance, regulatory compliance, supply chain management, and other issues may also be required, such as:
- Overseeing every phase of a project from start to finish
- Defining a project’s objectives and measuring and monitoring its results
- Establishing budgets and timelines for delivery and ensuring they are met
- Maintaining communication and transparency between partners, participants, and other stakeholders
You’ll Learn How To:
- Plan a project and see it through to completion
- Source materials and negotiate with suppliers
- Work effectively with a team of collaborators
- Perform quality control and other critical oversights
- Evaluate the results of a completed project and identify areas for improvement in the future