Tuition Assistance (TA) is a Department of Defense program. The program is not administered or monitored by the VA. Should you have any question about TA and its information, please contact your unit’s education service officer. Also, you can use the TA DECIDE tool developed and provided by the Department of Defense to help you compare eligible schools approved for TA.
If you plan on being an online student, contact Online Campus at Vista College at (866) 442-4197. We can guide you during the admission process and assist you with understanding the online environment.
- Start by contacting your unit’s Educational Services Officer (ESO) or the unit’s education representative. Note: Active Duty personnel in the Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, or Navy may be eligible for Tuition Assistance (TA). The applications process, eligibility criteria, and available benefits may vary by branch.
- Ask question of your ESO. Examples of questions could be:
- What documents or paperwork do I need to provide?
- Where do I access more information about TA?
- How long does the process take from beginning to end?
- Obtain approval from your unit prior to beginning your training program.
- Apply for admissions to Vista College. You will be assigned a student finance representative and an agency coordinator (AC) to facilitate your enrollment and funding process. SFOs are available by campus. Please find your campus below.
|Beaumont||College Station||El Paso||Fort Smith|
- Once approved, submit your approved TA voucher to the Vista College Student Accounts office either by email at email@example.com or by fax at 480-965-9242. Note: In order to avoid funding difficulties, please ensure your military branch approves your TA by the first day of class to avoid financial repercussions.
Return of Military Tuition Assistance
Military Tuition Assistance (TA) is awarded to a student under the assumption that the student will attend for the entire period for which the assistance is awarded. When a student withdraws or stops attending, the student may no longer be eligible for the full amount of TA funds originally awarded.
Vista College will adhere to the policy set by the Department of Defense in regards to military tuition assistance. When a student withdraws from school, the student will no longer be eligible for the full amount of the tuition assistance awarded. Any unearned tuition assistance will be returned to the specific service of the Department of Defense based on the student’s last date of attendance on a prorated basis. The withdrawal liability chart below will outline the amount due to the military service for the return of the tuition assistance.
|Withdrawal Liability Chart|
|Withdrawal Date||Return of Tuition Assistance %||Tuition Assistance Earned||Course Completion Rate|
Vista College will work with service members who stop attending due to military service obligation to ensure that they do not incurred a debt due to the returned tuition assistance.
For courses that have a different number of weeks from the above chart, the refund of the tuition assistance will be based on a pro-rated basis. The date of withdrawal will be used to calculate the amount of tuition assistance earned by the school.