From taking vital signs to providing basic bedside care to assisting physicians and registered nurses, practical nurses play a vital and integral role in the healthcare system. Our LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) training equips you with the skills you need to provide quality nursing care. Upon completion of the program, our graduates are eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN).
In our Practical Nurse program, you will take courses in a variety of areas in the healthcare realm that are key to becoming a successful Practical Nurse. You could obtain Practical Nurse work in a number of settings such as:
- Hospitals (state, local and private)
- Traveling nurse agencies
- Physicians’ offices
- Home health aides
- Nursing facilities
Click to visit our Vocational Nurse Diploma program.
Our Practical Nurse classes will provide instruction on how to:
- Demonstrate critical thinking through the use of a clinical problem-solving process to provide safe nursing care in diverse healthcare environments
- Collaborate with patients and the interprofessional healthcare team to coordinate and implement patient-centered care
- Apply technology, current evidence, and quality improvement in nursing practice
- Integrate legal, ethical, and professional standards into the established scope of nursing practice
Our program is designed to prepare competent nurses to provide safe, evidence-based, patient-centered care in diverse, technologically-based, healthcare environments.